ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
DiAnn is a founding board member of the American Christian Fiction Writers; the 2015 president of the Romance Writers of America’s Faith, Hope, & Love chapter; a member of Advanced Writers and Speakers Association, and International Thriller Writers. She speaks to various groups and teaches writing workshops around the country. She and her husband live in sunny Houston, Texas. DiAnn is very active online and would love to connect with readers on any of the social media platforms listed at her website.
ABOUT THE BOOK
If you would like to read the first chapter of Deadlock, go HERE.
Here is some more information direct from DiAnn!
1. How did you become interested in writing?
I can’t remember when I wasn’t in fiction mode. Before I could hold a pencil, I created stories. After I could hold a pencil, I wrote stories. The power of the written word intrigued me then as now—the sound of words, the look of them on the written page, the ways words are used to entertain, inspire, and encourage others.
2. What can you tell us about the setting of this novel?
Deadlock, a romantic suspense, is set in Houston, Texas. My city. My home. Familiar landscapes add more authenticity.
3. Who are the main characters?
Special Agent Bethany Sanchez steps into the violent crime division of Houston’s FBI. She’s a bit of a perfectionist, and her own worst critic. However, she has reservations about her new partner, the same man who put her brother in jail. To make matters worse, he has a reputation of getting the job done, no nonsense, and a womanizer. Are the rumors true?
4. Which of the characters surprised you the most in this story, and how so?
Bethany refused to give up on her relationship with her family, even though they chose her felon brother over her.
5. How did the writing of this story impact you as a person or as an author?
Definitely the family dynamics. We all have family members who don’t share our beliefs or values. This deepened my awareness of unconditional love woven with obedience to God’s principles.
6. Why is this story important to you?
1. The complexities of dealing with a depraved mind.
2. Showing the cultural differences between Bethany and Thatcher and their friendship resulting in love.
3. Creating an action-packed story about Houston’s FBI, their dedication and commitment to keeping people safe.
7. What would you like your readers to take away from this story?
God’s sovereignty in all situations of life—family, career, friendships, love, and obeying laws that correspond with God’s principles.
8. Are there some specific lessons you hope readers will learn and apply to their lives after reading your book?
God is bigger than our problems - whether that be career, spiritual, or personal. In Deadlock, not only did professional problems attack my hero and heroine, but family dynamics.
9. When you are not writing, what do you like to do? Do you have any hobbies?
I enjoy reading, cooking, gardening, and grandkids! I’m very much into good health and exercise to keep my body and mind in the best shape possible.
10. Where can readers find you on the Internet?