Thursday, March 01, 2007

The World's Aglow!

Verse for the day: Isaiah 60:1-3 "Get out of bed, Jerusalem! Wake up. Put your face in the sunlight. God's bright glory has risen for you. The whole earth is wrapped in darkness, all people sunk in deep darkness, but God rises on you, his sunrise glory breaks over you. Nations will come to your light, kings to your sunburst brightness." (The Message, taken from www.biblegateway.com)

For a brief moment this morning, the whole world was glowing with a lavendar light. Now before you send the nice young men in their little white coats over to take me away (if you recognize this reference, you too are showing your age!), there were no spaceships hovering over our court. The sky is overcast this morning, and as the sun rose it reflected through the clouds at just the right angle to create a pervasive glow. I just had to stop and stare, it was so amazing.

It made me think of the glow that Moses had on his face after meeting God. When you come face to face with something so wonderful, all you can do is reflect it's glory. Whether or not people were looking outside, the glow hit all homes equally. As in the verse, God's glory broke over me and anyone who happened to see, but many people missed it. They were sleeping, or busy getting ready for their day. God wants us to stop and revere his creation. Sometimes he'll give us a long time to catch his glory, as in Autumn when the leaves are magnificent for days. Other times he gives us a brief view that we might miss if we look the other way.

I pray that I am ever watchful so I don't miss those brief moments. They may come in nature or in the laughter of a child, and they give me yet another reason to praise my God!

If you get a chance, click on the Faith Lifts button to the left. This is a site devoted to improving our faith through practical application in all elements of our lives. Today they published an updated site with specific topics to help us grow. I get to host the column called "Self." This is a great opportunity for me to stretch and I'm very excited about it!

No comments: