Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Catching Up

Wow...I can't believe it's been so long since I've written. We've been very busy with the house (see previous post), but in reality I just haven't felt like I had much to write about.

Since the last post we have:
Kissed Alicia goodbye for the summer as she heads off to Panama City for an internship
Finished school...everyone passed!
Shopped with Becca to prepare for her Ecuador trip
Transported Sammi back and forth to her job at the Fireworks stand
Hugged my Uncle Tom goodbye -- he's moved to Arkansas
Started a summer Bible study on Moms of the Bible
Ripped up the laundry room, kitchen, breakfast room, and 2/3rds of the basement floor
Put down new laminate in the Laundry room, kitchen, breakfast room
Put down black/white tile in 2/3rds basement
Ripped out basement walls
painted the laundry room
watched 2 swim meets (Kevin, Chris, and Sammi participate)
Got a new camera and have fun playing with it
started a photo blog (www.liftupmyeyes.blogspot.com)

And probably a bunch of other stuff I've already forgotten!

One of the verses that I've read during my 'Year Through the Bible' efforts is:

Nehemiah 4:14b "Don't be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes."

It reminded me that we must always keep our eyes on God, and that we will have to get involved and fight for what is good and right. It's not that He can't do it by himself, but He wants us to want things badly enough to get involved in the fight!

No comments: