Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Last Seven-year-old Hugs...

13Then little children were brought to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked those who brought them.
14Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." 15When he had placed his hands on them, he went on from there. Mt 19:13-15


Ok, it was shameless I know, but I did it anyway. Tonight is the last night that my adorable, obnoxious, funny little boys will be seven years old. So I made them give me their last 'seven year old hug' -- I told them I would never get one from them again as seven year-olds. As they limply wrapped their arms around me (they are boys after all...most times that's the best I get), they told me that this wouldn't be the last time...I can hug them again when they are seventy-seven! Whew -- that's a long time to wait!

Don't tell them, but I'll pull the same thing next year when they are eight for the last day! After all, I'm sure Jesus was rewarded with a hug or two from the children when he blessed them...so it's just being Christ-like!

No comments: