Monday, March 03, 2008

The Home Stretch

I know it's already March, but we are in the final days of our 'Frugal February' experiment. Since I shop on Thursdays, I can't go back to our 'regularly budgeted shopping' until this Thursday, three days away.

I didn't make it to the store last Thursday due to sick children (don't enter our house these days without a can of Lysol!). I planned on going this morning because we are almost out of milk and we only have two more eggs...not enough to last us until Thursday! I also want to pick up a head of lettuce (we are out of all veggies except frozen brocolli...I can't serve that EVERY night!) and some bananas. I guess I'll do that later when Doug or one of the girls gets home (although I'm dreading it because we are supposed to get an ice storm with 4 - 6 inches of snow accumulation tonight so the place will be a madhouse).

Based on my 'rebellion' nights, I still have several menu options available from my original list. AND the freezer still isn't empty! I think I'll try to spend only half of my allotted budget in March...although that will be harder since the kids will be home for Spring Break and I'll be out of town during a lot of that time.

Later this week I'll post our final results and my lessons learned. This has actually been a fun challenge for me!

No comments: