Philippians 4:3 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! (NIV)
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. (NIV)
1. God likes to be sure there is no room for misinterpretation:
- Rejoice ALWAYS
- Be joyful ALWAYS
- Give thanks in ALL circumstances
2. When He says "always" and "in all cirumstances" he even means when you are infested with fruit flies.
3. Fruit flies were created by God to have amazing sensory ability...they can smell food and breeding grounds from a very far distance
4. Fruit flies live for 10 days
5. Fruit flies lay eggs frequently, and the eggs can hatch within just a few hours
6. Most fruit flies can find their way back out of a container covered with plastic wrap if there are very small holes in it.
7. Fruit flies know better than to go into an open oven for food
8. They will fly to the highest point of a container to find their way out (therefore using a cut off soda bottle with the top inverted works pretty well as a trap)
9. A fruit fly within four inches of the end of a vacuum cleaner hose will get sucked in
10. Fruit flies can learn...as soon as they hear the sound of the vacuum cleaner they all disappear.
And my personal favorite:
I can be incredibly sadistic when it comes to ridding our home of bugs!