Because You Care -- Spiritual Encouragement for Caregivers
Cecil Murphey and Twila Belk
Approximately 30% of Americans provide care for either an elderly parent, a family member, or a disabled child. The majority of these caretakers are women. With our senior citizens living longer than ever before, the chances are you will become a caretaker for your parents, a spouse, or another family member at some time in the future. I bet you know someone now who is in that role.
Because You Care is a beautiful gift book for those who are dedicating a portion of their lives to loved ones who need special attention. It addresses all aspects of care giving, from the moment a caregiver realizes his or her life will change forever to the moment he or she has to say good-bye to the one that is loved. The book will touch your heart through poignant testimonies from Cecil, Twila, and others who are in this role.
The photography is fantastic, and the book includes a section called Practical Suggestions -- God's Strength for Caregivers that has fabulous reminders for the many aspects of care giving.
As a caregiver myself, this book addressed thoughts and concerns that I had not discussed with anyone and it gave me peace that this place where I've found myself is actually a gift from God -- for me and for the person being cared for.
You can buy a copy of the book HERE.
ABOUT THE BOOK:
As someone caring for an ill or elderly loved one, you understand that your role can push you to the limit, press on every nerve—and yet fill you with a deep sense of love and peace of mind.
Beloved authors Cecil Murphey and Twila Belk know this too. Beautifully written and full of gentle wisdom, their personal stories of caregiving will help you face some of the ups and downs of your journey.
- Feeling guilty for doing too much, too little, or nothing at all
- Answering other’s well-meaning but insensitive questions
- Watching someone you dearly love suffer or die
Here are the stories from those living the life. Let their encouraging words lift your heart.
ABOUT THE AUTHORS:
Twila Belk and Cecil (Cec) Murphey are both long-term caregivers for their spouses. Twila, aka the Gotta Tell Somebody Gal, is a writer and speaker who loves to brag on God. She works fulltime with Cec as his manager, personal assistant, and biggest fan. Cec is a veteran author who has written or co-written more than 125 published books, including the bestsellers 90 Minutes in Heaven (with Don Piper) and Gifted Hands (with Dr. Ben Carson). His books have sold in the millions and have brought hope and encouragement to countless readers around the world. Cec and Twilas’ second co-authored book, Heavenly Company: Entertaining Angels Unaware (Guideposts Books), released in August 2012.
For more info about Twila, visit www.gottatellsomebody.com.
For more info about Cec, visit www.cecilmurphey.com.
Grand Prize Giveaway Description
· Book—Because You Care: Spiritual Encouragement for Caregivers
· Book—Hope and Comfort for Every Season
· Hallmark journal, list pad, and memo pad stack
· Glade “Angel Whispers” candle
· Hershey’s Bliss dark chocolate
Instructions to Enter the Grandprize Drawing:
1. Leave a comment about the book or author on the blog post during the blog tour.
2. Each blog tour host will draw one name from those comments to send to the tour coordinator by October 12.
3. The coordinator will put all the names into a drawing, and select a winner, using an online randomizer.
4. The coordinator will notify the blog tour host who submitted the winning name.
The blog tour host will notify the winner and collect the mailing info so the author can send out the prize.
Thank you to Kathy Carlton Willis and Harvest House Publishers for providing a copy of this book for review.