Monday, November 06, 2006

God is Big Enough for Me

Key Verse: Isaiah 6:1 "In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of His robe filled the temple." (NIV)

How big do you think God is? Yes, one of my favorite children's videos says that He is "bigger than the boogeyman," but I can't begin to comprehend how big He really is.

We have a fabulous new worship center in our church. As I was sitting in the service the other day I read Isaiah 6:1, above. His robe fills the temple. I've seen the pictures of the face of Jesus larger than the Earth, but I guess I never really thought about the size and majesty of Heaven. Think of a royal robe, all red and fuzzy with fur on the edges (well, the first robe that comes to my mind is that purple rug that the Cowardly Lion used in the Land of Oz; the U.S. doesn't have much exposure to regal clothing). It usually trails a few feet behind the royal figure, and he or she gently pushes it aside to sit on the throne.

God is big enough to manage a robe that fills any temple we can possibly build for Him, and then some. Yet he cares enough for me to take care of my daily needs. Thank you, Lord!

No comments: