Friday, August 20, 2010

Marriage Meme

Copy this meme and paste it into a post on your blog. (With your own answers!) Link back to this post, It's Real Life. Then leave a comment here so I know you're participating and I can pop over and read your meme. Don't forget to tag your friends with this also. And - if you're not a blogger, that's okay too - just answer the meme in the comment section and be sure to leave your email address.

On Thursday the 26th I'll choose 5 winners who will receive a copy of Generation NeXt Marriage and Generation NeXt Parenting.

  • How did you meet your husband? At an informal college party
  • What did you first notice about him? He was very considerate (and cute)
  • How long have you been married? 28 years
  • Share something you discovered about him after you were married that surprised you? He was willing to make extreme sacrifices so I could achieve things I didn't even know I wanted.
  • What do you argue about the most? We really don't argue much...probably about who is luckier to have the other one!
  • What quality in him do you admire most? His dedication to his mother and his family
  • What is the hardest part about being married? The daily, mundane parts of life
  • What’s the best part about being married? Being with my best friend every day
  • What has changed the most about you since you've been married? Everything -- a whole family has been created and I've grown with each addition, each joy, each conflict, each heartbreak. I am more mature, more reliant on God, more sure of myself, less perfectionistic, more patient.
  • What’s the one piece of advice you’d give to other wives about creating a happy marriage? It really doesn't matter which way you hang the toilet paper...don't win for the sake of winning!
  • What's the one piece of advice you'd give to your children about creating a happy marriage? Marry your best friend and seek God together.

No comments: