Thursday, April 05, 2007

Decision

I am 46 years old and I've finally decided to give up trying to figure out what to be when I grow up. From now on I'm only going to work to figure out what God wants me to be next (or even right now...).

I'm not sure why society wants us to figure out one thing we can 'be'...especially at age 18. I know very few people who actually used their college degrees as intended. Most changed majors several times, then changed careers once out of college. If that's the way we tend to live, why do we make people choose? In fact, in the next ten years the 'gurus' say that many of the types of jobs available today won't event exist and thousands more will be available to take their place.

I spend more time struggling with what I should do or what a I want to do that I spend on just 'doing' what's in front of me. I still plan to set goals and shoot to continually improve myself, and I'll listen more closely for God's nudges. (Remind me of this next week!).

  1. Grocery stores full of fabulous treats
  2. Bright purple flowers on kelly green stems
  3. Hail that bounces like super balls but doesn't do any damage

No comments: