Monday, December 01, 2008

I'm So Thankful...That It's Over!

We had a wonderful, crazy holiday weekend. It was a blast, but I have to say that I'm glad it's over. The older girls got home on Tuesday night, and Wednesday was mostly spent cleaning and baking for Thanksgiving. On Thursday we had the honor of hosting my the meal. Dad brought the turkey (which was amazing), my nephew made his famous rolls, and Doug's mom brought the pumpkin pie. My Granny was released from the rehab facility just in time for the big meal, and we had a wonderful time catching up with each other...but I have to say that I missed Doug's dad. He died recently and we are still getting used to the fact that he's gone.

Friday was our annual Cookie Day (don't have any idea how many this makes, but at least 25!), and we made tons of cookies with lots of friends and family. We had lots of the traditionals...chocolate chip, peanut blossoms, snickerdoodles, lemonade cookies, and sugar cookies. There were some new 'favorites', too...pecan drop cookies, gooey butter cookies, and Becca's creation of orange cranberry oatmeal cookies -- YUM! This year we froze about half of the dough, so we can have fresh, hot cookies for months to come.

Later that day we went to church to prepare for Alicia's shower, which was Saturday morning. We had lots of furniture to move and things to decorate/prepare. The shower was wonderful -- she got lots of nice things to help start her new life, and we got a chance to meet with many special friends.

Sunday Becca and Alicia packed up and headed back to college for three weeks...then we head to Alicia's graduation in Tennessee and her wedding in Florida! Doug and I put our feet up and vegged out...we were exhausted in a happy, productive feeling way.

God has been so good to us this year -- even though there have been some rough times health wise, we are all closer than ever. I love watching my family grow!

No comments: