Tuesday, December 02, 2008

What Does True Love Look Like?

For the past few weeks I've not made time to regularly do my morning devotions and Bible study. I've been really convicted today to question what that means.

If I honestly loved God with all my heart, all my soul, all my strength, and all my mind, I can't imagine that I would EVER miss a day of spending time with him in prayer, praise, and getting to know Him better, would I? Some may say that I'm being too hard on myself and that it isn't realistic, in fact it's even legalistic, to think that I would feel the need to meet with God every single day without fail. Yet I don't forget to eat, to sleep, or to shower...are those things more important to me than God? I'm embarrassed to say that based on the way I live, maybe they are.

I watched my oldest daughter this weekend as she made final plans for her upcoming wedding. There was probably not an hour that passed without her thinking about, missing, mentioning, or talking to her fiancee. They are obviously full of love and excitement about their life together. Anyone who spent more than 5-10 minutes with her could see that. Isn't that what God wants from each of us?

No comments: