Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I Love Snow!

This may not be a very popular perspective these days in St. Louis, but I have to admit that I really do love snow!

We've switched from rain to ice to snow in the past hour or so, and the ground is now covered...we might get up to 7 inches...YIPPEE! Unfortunately we don't really have any hills in walking distance, so the roads have to get clear before we can go sledding.

Ok, so sledding is really fun in theory...but in reality it gets cold, wet, and I get really tired climbing the hill over and over for a few seconds of thrill. At least the hot chocolate afterwards will be worth it!

I actually have a dilemma that I'd never considered before. Given the history in Florissant/St. Louis that past few months with significant power outages every time we have a little storm, I don't know whether I should go to the store and stock up in case we get snowed in OR if I should avoid any new perishable purchases so I don't lose them if the power goes out! In reality I really don't need to buy anything...other than 1/3 gallon of milk we have enough food for an army for a week!

The Bible mentions snow a couple of times (e.g. being washed white as snow). I wonder if Jesus played in it?

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I love the snow too! I can't wait to make snow cream with the kids tonight since MOPS is cancelled!

Musings of a Housewife said...

I love snow too! I hate cold, but if it's gonna be cold, and let's face it, this is PA, it will be cold, then I want some snow to make the cold enjoyable! This winter we have not gotten much, but right snow is blanketing everything, and I love, love, love it!