Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I Love a Great Deal!

I went into Walgreen's today to pick up a prescription. I planned to take a look at the left over Valentine's day candy to see if there might be anything that would work for Easter. I saw a big bin with a sign that said all Valentine's candy was now $1.00, so I figured I'd dig through it. As I was looking, the cashier came by and said that they had just reduced the price to .25 per item!!! I got about $35 worth of candy for only $4.50! And there was some cool stuff...large chocolate bees filled with sweet-tart type bees, crispy chocolate playing cards, and some spongebob things. Almost all of it could apply to any holiday, not just Valentine's Day. And, besides, Easter is all about love, too, right?

Just a note...I paid for these out of our 'Target' envelope, where I usually purchase gifts and things related to holidays, so I didn't dip into our grocery money for this.

Walgreen's also has good deals on makeup on occasion. When one color goes out of style or packaging changes, they sell the 'extinct' stuff for 75% off. Unless you are picky about brands you can get a great deal on cosmetics AS LONG AS you don't buy something just because it's a good price! Just watch for orange tags along the cosmetics wall.

So run, don't walk, to your local drugstore to see if you can get similar deals!

No comments: