Thursday, August 22, 2013

FAILURE...not?

I didn't do a single thing to improve the organization of my desk yesterday. I could do what I usually do -- beat myself up because I don't seem to be able to finish a project (just ask my husband...he'll confirm both the beating and the seeming inability to finish).

I had set reasonable goals. In reality, I had plenty of time. Yes, my day got revised a bit yesterday as always happens, but I also spent some 'quality' time visiting friends on Facebook.And I accomplished almost everything else on my to do list. But for whatever reason I didn't clean out a drawer.

Guess what! Today is a new day, and God's mercies are new. I DIDN'T mess my desk up in any way...it looks just like it did yesterday morning when I got up, and that in itself is a big accomplishment, given the number of things I was tempted to pile on it.

Today is busy, too, but I'm sure I can find 15 minutes to make some headway.

What are you tempted to beat yourself up for this morning? What didn't you accomplish yesterday that you intended to? It's a brand new day -- let yesterday go and make today count!



No comments: