Tuesday, January 02, 2024

Bible in a Year - Gen 4-7

 

Day 2: Gen 4 – 7

I can’t help but compare our current world to that of Noah’s time. So much violence, evil, debauchery…I’m sure God occasionally regrets saying he’d never flood the earth again! This verse chills me to the bone:

“The Lord saw how great man’s wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time.” (Gen 6:6, NIV)  As violent and evil as our world can be, can you imagine that God was only able to find one person, or perhaps one family, that found favor in his eyes? That doesn’t mean Noah was perfect, but only that he revered and obeyed God. When the world seems overwhelming, I know I can turn to my Christian friends and know that we aren’t alone. What are some GOOD things you see happening in the world today?

TOMORROW’S TEXT:  Gen 8:1 – 11:9

No comments: