Wednesday, January 03, 2024

Bible in a Year Genesis 8:1 - 11:9

 

Day 3: Gen 8:1 – 11:9

Noah and his family spent seven months on the ark – reminds me so much of our quarantined time during COVID. Thankfully we had the ability to at least talk to others, go to the store (or have delivery), and hear the news of the world. Can you imagine being locked up in a boat with seven other people and a ton of animals? Not seeing the sun or having fresh food, and knowing you were the only ones alive? I imagine there was a period of mourning as they realized the severity of the situation. While the rest of the world was deemed not worthy to be saved, I’m sure they had some friends and acquaintances that they missed. And the animals – oh my. I guess you would get used to the smell and the noise, but I’m sure it was difficult. There was enough work to keep them all busy feeding, watering, and cleaning stalls.

TOMORROW’S TEXT: Gen 11:10 – 14:13

No comments: